Cancer can be a very expensive illness. Even those with excellent insurance can face an array of new costs associated with their treatment. From transportation to hospital stays, prescriptions to medical devices, daily living expenses to holistic care, there are a multitude of expenses to consider. Being organized and understanding your rights can give you a sense of control while helping prioritize.
Through our longstanding partnership with Cancer Care, patients are able to apply for a one-time grant to help cover the costs associated with cancer treatment. Cancer Care also provides an array of financial assistance resources to help cancer patients and their families better cope with financial concerns.
Below are some of the resources Cancer Care offers to help manage the financial costs of cancer.
- Managing The Cost of Cancer booklet. This guide will help you navigate what is covered by health insurance and what is not, as well as tools to help handle the cost of cancer.
- Tips for Managing the Cost of Cancer is a great overview of things to consider as you begin navigating a cancer diagnosis.
- Co-payment assistance is a program to help cancer patients overcome the financial barriers to prescribed treatment through co-payment aid.
- Understanding the Costs of Care and Your Health Care Coverage is a workshop that addresses the medical and indirect costs of treatment, benefits and limitations to health care plans, as well as advanced health care directives, led by a panel of experts.
- In addition to finances, there are legal considerations when facing cancer and Cancer Care offers legal assistance as well.
- A Helping Hand is a resource guide to help cancer patients and their families take control of their finances. This booklet can help you understand your options, know your rights and know where to turn for help. It will introduce issues to consider such as government assistance, nonprofit hospitals and community programs near you that may help defer some of the costs.
>We are here to help, contact Patient Support today to receive additional information and resources.